Monday, February 9, 2015

Email 2-9-2015




Well here we go.

It's been crazy. Leaving the MTC was harder than I thought it would be. I met so many amazing people there and it was sad leaving them. We woke up super early and left for the airport and travel took a long time. One connecting flight in Minnesota and then straight to Winnipeg. I got to call my family from the airport which was nice. I miss them a lot and I was so glad to talk to them. When we got to Canada there were some issues with my Visa so I only get to stay in the country for 90 days and then I have to leave the country and reapply for a visa. Which will be okay cause luckily we have one area in the mission in the States in Minnesota so I can go there and get it all sorted out. I hear it's beautiful there too so I'm excited for that.

When we got to Winnipeg we went to the Mission President's house and had some amazing food. Way better than MTC food haha. It was nice having a home cooked meal. Then in the morning we had a long orientation and then found out where we were going!

I am now in the Winnipeg North area serving in the London Ward. I stayed with my MTC companion and we are both being trained by Sister Davis. Tri-pan numba TWO haha already. Crazy. But I'm grateful for it.

It's nice staying with Sister Miller cause I love her and I know her and its nice having a familiar face around :) Sister Davis is great. She is very obedient and I'm learning a lot. She is super energetic and cute and fun which drives me a little crazy sometimes haha cause she's like always happy but good for her.

When we got placed we had to leave almost right away and go to some lessons. Our first lesson was amazing. It was a less active at a member's house and she made us tea and brownies so it was like a little tea party with her fancy china, it was cute. But the spirit was so strong our less active cried. Not gonna lie, Sister Davis did all the talking, I said like 5 words the whole time and Sister Miller said like 15 haha. But it was still fun.

I haven't gotten used to the sleeping schedule yet. I feel like I'm always tired and I fall asleep in random places at random times all the time. Its awkward haha but I haven't fallen asleep in a lesson yet so thats good. Maybe I'm like a little narcoleptic or something. It is freezing here but not too bad cause we are only outside when walking to and from the car. And we're always busy, we have like 5 or 6 lessons a day so far. It feels like I've been here way longer than I have.

We got to do service at someone's house and help them demolish their basement and tear everything out. It was fun. We're teaching some great people and I love almost every lesson. Even when I'm super awkward haha. But oh well.

Sunday was great. It was pretty relaxing and spiritually uplifting. And on Sunday mornings when we usually get up and exercise we get to just relax and do something else like write letters so i liked that too. Well I can't really think of anything else right now. But I'm doing okay. I'll try to be more organized and send better letters from now on haha it's crazy how fast the time flies, it's like I'm rushing through all my emails. I love you all!

Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. That means I will read them before they get posted. Thank you