Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Email 4-7-2015

This has been an exciting week. :) We had Zone Conference, which was all about the Book of Mormon. It was pretty neat and I learned a lot that I think will be helpful as I continue my missionary work. It was super long though. Like all day. haha. Almost too long. But it was good :) I got to sing with my companion and an Elder in our district, Elder Johnson. We sang a musical number called My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee. It is a really pretty song and I loved singing it :) So that was fun.

April 1st was the best. APRIL FOOLS DAY :) We pranked the elders with baking powder covered donuts hahaha. It was funny. I felt a little bad, but we gave them really yummy donuts after so I think it was okay. :)

We've been teaching a lot and we're always busy, which is good. We find new investigators all the time :) It is exciting and always changing so it keeps me on my toes, even when I'm exhausted, there are still reasons to keep going :)

We also had General Conference this week WHICH WAS AMAZING! haha. And it was so fun to watch it at the church! I think I appreciated and enjoyed conference more this time than any other time, but I guess that just comes with being a missionary. :) I hope you all were able to watch it and if not that you will go watch it and catch up because it was so good. And Hoorayyy for a temple in BANGKOK THAILAND! I bet my friends Anchalee and Mike and Rachel are so excited :)

Well I better go, but I love you all, have a wonderful week.

Love,
Sister Martin :)



From an Email with Dad:


...The baptism was super fun. She was adorable. I wrote all about it in the letter I mailed you today. You should get it in about 10 days. haha It's funny cause by the time you get letters the stuff in them is like a month old. But it was really fun and after, the Filipinos in the ward made noodles and rolls for refreshments haha it was yummy.

Easter was fun :) Sister Davis's mom sent her a package with easter bags and candy and grass inside so we put together easter bags for each other and hid them and in the morning we woke up and looked for them it was fun :) and then we went to general conference and brought our easter candy :)

That night we went to the bishops for dinner and it was yummy! We had ham and potatoes and veggies and homemade rolls. But for dessert they had chocolate cheesecake which was suuuuuper yummy except it was the biggest slice of cheesecake I have ever had in my life! I swear it was like a quarter of the whole thing. I felt so sick after like 5 bites and it was only a quarter eaten. It probably would've been super good if it was just like a little sliver with some cool whip on top. Maybe I will get the recipe. I decided I'm gonna make a recipe book and collect recipes from people on my mission. :)

That will be fun. It looks like you had a fun easter :) I missed you guys a lot. But I'm glad you had Taylor over and Rachel was there :) I love you bunches

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. That means I will read them before they get posted. Thank you